For more than 25 years, eBay’s mission has been to empower people and create economic opportunities for individuals and businesses that sell on our marketplace. We do this by connecting buyers and sellers across the world. As we continue to grow our portfolio of advertising solutions, we keep that mission at the core of everything we do.
We developed Promoted Listings Standard to give sellers an easy and risk-free way to increase listing visibility on eBay. Sellers that run Promoted Listings campaigns have the opportunity to offer their product listings to 187+ million global eBay shoppers. That’s a massive number by any measure. But when you consider that there are more than 4.5 billion internet users across the world, and according to Hubspot, an estimated 5.6 billion Google searches globally every day, there are billions of opportunities to connect with shoppers off of eBay.
As part of eBay’s advertising efforts, our marketing team invests in external product listing ads to drive shoppers to our site. That means that eBay listings appear on search platforms and partner sites. We’re happy to share that moving forward, Promoted Listings Standard will be featured in these external ads, expanding the reach of sellers’ Promoted Listings Standard campaigns and providing incremental listing visibility across the internet.
eBay Seller need-to-knows
- External Promoted Listings come at no additional cost to sellers. The Promoted Listings ad rate works the same on and off eBay: If a buyer clicks on a promoted listing and purchases that item within 30 days of that click, the seller pays the ad rate that was determined at the time of the click.
- We’ve updated our downloadable campaign reports to show the impact of external advertising. Metrics include:
- Promoted Listings clicks (via external placements)
- Promoted Listings conversion rate (via external placements)
- Promoted Listings sales (via external placements)
- Ad fees (via external placements)
- It is not mandatory to participate in external Promoted Listings. eBay sellers can opt out here. Sellers who do not participate will continue to be eligible to appear in eBay’s external advertising.
- Please note: Opt-outs take up to seven days to take effect. Due to our 30-day attribution window, you may still see Promoted Listings sales (via external placements) after you’ve opted out. For example, if a buyer clicked on your promoted listing before you opted out, then returned to purchase your listing after you opted out and within 30 days of that click, you would still be charged the ad rate in effect at the time of the click.